Migrating the Database to a Different Version of the SQL ServerMigrating from one database version to the other might be necessary to move the data store to a more powerful server. The best method for migrating between versions of the database is to back up and restore the database using the utilities provided by the database software vendor.
To point a XenApp Server farm to a new database, complete the following steps:
Note: For the best performance, complete this procedure on the data collectors after all other servers are reconfigured.
- Back up the existing farm database and restore the database to the new server.
- Create a new DSN file that points to the restored database.
- Run the dsmaint config command on the server with the new DSN file.
- Stop and restart the IMA Service.
- Ensure that the server is pointing to the new data store by verifying the following registry setting:
- If the IMA Service started successfully, copy the new DSN file to all servers in the farm.
- Run the dsmaint config command to change the IMA Service configuration on all remaining servers in the farm.
- Stop and restart the IMA Service on all servers in the farm.
- XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2
- XenApp 6.0 for Windows Server 2008 R2
- XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2008
- Data Store Migration Strategies (CTX123111)
- Advanced Concepts - XenApp Farm Maintenance (CTX677542)
- Data Store Migration Between Different Database Products (CTX121888)
- Supported Databases for Citrix Products (CTX114501)
- Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 Administrator's Guide (CTX112223)
- XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2 - Data Store Database Reference
- XenApp Server Utilities Reference